Dear 206 Families,
We have had many conversations this year about so many other people in this world that go without….without food, home, extra clothing, blankets, etc. Last month we collected food for the EBS food drive! We’d like to continue to give to others in need as we continue with our theme of generosity. With these conversations, we have created some heart goals that we’d like to fufill!
This month, we’d like to focus on 2 different groups in need…
Meals to Mexico
Through a connection to families in Mexico, we are going to give food to those who don’t have much and often miss meals. To do this project, we will be collecting donations of beans, legumes, etc. We will also make this a counting project and art project as we will count out and individually bag cups of beans/legumes to give as meals and decorate bags to give them in. We will be collecting beans and legumes over the next 2 weeks. The next time you are in the grocery store, pick up a bag or 2 in the pasta isle and send them in. We will bag our meals the 3rd week of December.
- Pick up a bag of Grains/Rice/Legumes/Beans
- Send them into Room 206 by Friday, December 11th
- We’ll count out bags and decorate paper bags to personalize and send the meals in
- I’ll deliver these these before Christmas
Rainbows to Rady’s
Another project we plan to do this month is sending a Rainbow. I have 2 friends right now who have had the unfortunate circumstance of parenting an infant with cancer. Its been eye opening to me to see their lives transform to a new daily life that has become reality as they live at Rady’s through the treatments. I was reminded again this year of how many families face this situation each year and how fortunate we are to have our health. We will be decoratng a Rainbow to send to the Cancer ward at Rady’s Hospital. This project will take some time at home to decorate your rainbow. Please let your child be as creative at they wish (feel free to use glitter, crayons, markers, stickers, paint, etc…). This will be a little way to send some love, color and personal connection to others in a great time of struggle.
- Pick Up a Rainbow on Wednesday, December 2nd. (these will go home in folders)
- Decorate your Rainbow anyway you’d like….cover it in color and sunshine! (the outside will be trimmed away…so focus your efforts on the rainbow, but feel free to write a message on the back).
- Return Rainbows by Monday, December 9th.
- We need a volunteer to drop these off at Rady’s. If you think you could help us out, please stop by and let Mrs. Miller know.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and have conversations with your child about giving! There are so many people in this world that we can help!
The past 2 months we learned about Gratitude and Generosity through our Character Education program. These all tie so well into giving to others who go without. Thank you again for sharing with others in our world and community!
As our heart goals this month include sharing meals to the hungry and smiles to the sick, we have some more ideas for the year. Please feel free to stop by if you have a connection or idea for another opportunity to share love and help with world!
Thank you again!