We are so excited to have you in our class this year! It’s going to be so much fun and we will learn a lot! It was great to meet everyone who was able to make it out to the New Student Orientation today. We know a lot of material was covered so I have added a review of important information below and you may email us with any questions as well.
The Website is a place you can come to find out information about our school and class, get resources, see pictures, and read weekly updates. This specific page on our website is our class blog in lieu of a newsletter (though it has much of the same info with downloadable pictures). Each week you will be able to read updates about what has happened in our class over the past week, and what is coming in the week ahead. Once all the email addresses have been collected and added an email blast will go out once a week to preview and remind you about the weekly post.
If you haven’t had a chance to read our teacher bios, check out the “Meet the Teachers” page to learn more about us. We are looking forward to a great year!
Recap of Orientation Information
- School Starts – 8:45 (though first bell rings at 8:40)
- Recess/Snack – 10:40
- School Dismissal – 12:30 (through the front gates)
- New School Website – www.sandiegounified.org/schools/eb-scripps
- Before School: students put away snack, backpack, folder then line-up, then go around to the playground area to line up.
- No use of playground before or after school
- Label everything in order to keep from losing items
- Have your student practice opening snack items independently
- Get an application to volunteer and/or attend class events
- See Volunteer Sign ups – We’d LOVE to have you!
- Allow a lot of time to walk/park before school…it gets crowded and busy.
- Recommended to wait to buy cafeteria snack after the first 2 weeks, until routines have set in and pin numbers are given and practiced.
- Email is the easiest and quickest way to reach Mrs. Miller or Mrs. Hickson.
- Get a good nights sleep on Monday night!