Welcome TK Families!
It was so wonderful to meet so many of you at Back to School Night. Thank you for coming out and making the time to be there! We went through a lot of material and passed out a lot of information. Please take more time to go through it all and if you have any questions, please feel free to email us or stop by at Kindergarten Orientation!
If you weren’t able to make it to Back to School Night, make sure to stop by at Orientation or we will plan to send your packet home on the first day with your child so you can read through all the information.
Some Highlights we touched on at Back to School Night:
Independent Morning Routine: Encourage your child to independently…
- Hang up their backpack on a hook.
- Put away their snack in one of the tubs.
- Put their folder in the folder tub (by the snacks).
- Walk around the outside of building into the playground to our line.
- Our class line is labeled “206” in chalk and is by the drinking fountain.
Parking: Plan enough time for parking and walking to school. The first bell rings at 8:40 am. It gets very busy in the morning.
What will my child need to bring? No materials are necessary (Thank you AFP!). The only items your child will need is a larger backpack that will fit their daily folder, a snack, and water bottle. If your child plans to attend SAY they will pack a separate lunch bag that will be stored in their backpack until after school. Make sure you label ALL belongings.
Assessments: We will give an individual assessment after school for each student (please sign up for a time slot). This will give us an idea of where each child is coming in and lets us get to know your child outside of the whole group.
RETURN: All the papers that need to be returned (not including the Clearance application from the nurse) have been printed in bright green. Please bring them back at Orientation or the first day of school! Thank you in advance!
- Mrs. Miller – email@example.com
- Mrs. Leatherwood – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly Newsletter/Blog on class website: linneamiller.com
- Join our PRIVATE Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/groups/ebs206.1718/
Thank you again!!!